Create a Mobile Flashcard App with HTML5
Interested in mobile technologies and increasing student engagement? Ryan Hansen, graduate student in psychology and digital learning enthusiast, will show you how to build an interactive flashcard mobile app to help your students study for your course. This workshop will walk you through how to build your own version of the app that won the 2012 Innovate conference's "Steal My Idea" presentation. (View Ryan's Innovate presentation.) This demonstration will provide you with the tools to:
- Set up the software needed to create mobile apps
- Understand the basics of creating an HTML5 webpage with jQuery Mobile
- Adapt the flashcard app's code to display your content
- Use PhoneGap to create native apps for Android and iPhone
- Distribute your apps using Google Play and the internet
This is primarily a demonstration, and there are no pre-requisites for this session. However, a basic understanding of HTML will be very helpful to you, as there is a lot of material to cover in this workshop in a short time.